Dental implants provide a safe, durable replacement for missing teeth. Dental implants function like natural teeth and have a very natural appearance within your mouth. Our doctor is committed to ensuring your optimal comfort and quality care. To that end, we make use of the latest techniques and technologies that allow efficient, stress-free treatment. Many of our patients, at Lake Nona Dental Implants and Periodontics, find dental implants to be an appealing tooth loss solution and are pleased by how relaxed and comfortable their experience can be.
Implantation is the first stage in a two-part process that provides a long-term solution for tooth loss. The dental implant, a small titanium post, is gently placed into your jaw by our Orlando doctor. This post functions as an artificial tooth root. As it heals, the implant will fuse with your natural bone, creating a strong, secure foundation for the replacement tooth or denture. Throughout the process, our team takes great care in ensuring your optimal comfort. We want you to have an excellent implantation experience as well as beautiful results.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an aesthetic, effective solution for tooth loss. There are many great benefits to choosing dental implants.
- Natural looking smile: Dental implants are crafted to closely resemble your natural teeth, restoring a natural-looking smile.
- Improved oral health: Since there is no need to alter surrounding teeth to anchor implants, more of your natural teeth are preserved intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Improved speech: With removable, non-anchored dentures, teeth can slip within the mouth, causing slurred or mumbled speech. Dental implants remove that concern.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants avoid the slipping and discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved function: Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat without pain.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Protect healthy bone structure: Empty spaces caused by tooth loss can, over time, lead to deterioration of the jawbone. Since dental implants function like tooth roots, they are able to prevent this type of deterioration, just as natural teeth do.
- Long-term solution: Dentures must be replaced about every 5-7 years. Dental implants, when cared for properly, can last a lifetime.
There are several factors that Dr. Pires, Orlando Periodontist, will consider before recommending dental implants. Some of these include:
- Adequate bone support to anchor the implant
- Healthy gum tissue
- Sinus and nerve location
- Overall health, including any chronic illnesses
In some cases, our doctor may recommend advance treatment for your upper or lower jaw to enable you to have the bone support needed for implantation. As always, your treatment plan is created based on your specific needs and goals for your healthy smile.
Be sure to let us know about any medications you are taking during your consultation. Your health and safety are paramount at Lake Nona Dental Implants and Periodontics.
Contact our Orlando office today for more information on dental implants or to set up a consultation.